Care and Cleaning
Proper cleaning of your furniture ensures its beauty and longevity. We recommend simply using a damp cloth to clean your furniture. Never use a silicone based polish. We carry Guardsman Furniture Polish which is recommended for fine wood finishes. Every effort should be made to avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Close proximity to heat sources such as radiators, heating ducts or wood stoves may cause the wood to dry out and subsequently split. Care should taken to place your furniture accordingly.
Maintain humidity in your home between 35 to 55 percent to protect against shrinking and cracking or expansion. Basements with high humidity should be avoided. You may choose to dehumidify or humidify depending on your environment. Extreme temperature and humidity changes will ruin wood.
Following these wood care guidelines, along with common sense, will ensure that your fine, solid wood furniture will become the heirloom of future generations.
Furniture Care Tips
- Keep furniture out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing directly in front of or underneath windows.
- Blot up spills immediately.
- To move furniture, lift rather than drag to avoid stressing joints.
- Rotate your accessories every once in a while.
- Avoid placing furniture near heat sources and do not store in damp areas.