Inherent in the furniture building process is a respect for our environment. Aware that their lumber has been harvested from living forests, our craftsmen work with a sense of reverence and respect for the materials in their hands. We support timber companies that follow “Best Management Practices” as established by the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources. Our partners include 2002 Logger of the Year, Hillcrest Lumber and 2006 Ohio Tree Farmer of the Year, Tiverton Timber. Just as a well-tended garden will flourish and produce an abundance of fresh vegetables, properly managed forests are healthier, more full of wildlife, and provide a never-ending source of beautiful American hardwood.
AT AMISH ORIGINALS
- Furniture is trucked less than 100 miles from shops to our Westerville stores.
- Our furniture is blanket-wrapped in transit reducing the need for packaging.
- Furniture is designed and built to last for generations.
- No waste. Scraps are used for fuel, sawdust for livestock bedding, or garden compost.
- Solid hardwoods do not emit formaldehyde.
- All finishing processes meet EPA requirements.
- Your purchase supports Amish families living the ultimate “green” lifestyle.